Firmware v1.19 (Beta) | LZW30-SN | Switch - Red Series (Gen 2)

Preferably configurable, but the default should be “when pressed”. My 3.5 year old can barely reach the switches now. Grows so fast… but she fumbled around with her hand and presses till she gets the result she wants…on or off. I think action on pressed would be more intuitive for children… just my opinion.

Thank you so much for addressing the delay issue and coming out with Instant ON feature. This finally allows me to standardize on Inovelli switches!

• Nate

I posted these notes for upgrading to 1.19 a different thread but its more relevant here:

Yay it works! I got two of my Inovelli Red Switches updated and tested using SmartThings hub.

Some Notes:

• Had to update twice to get the firmware to report correctly in the updater software. The first time, it didn’t seem to take.
  • On the firmware update page for 1.19, probably want to mention that SmartThings users need to update the custom device handler or they won’t be able to set the instant on parameter 51. I even tried using zwave tweaker and it didn’t work. Only was able to configure “Instant On” after I updated the DTH.

I love the idea of having the option for the main buttons for scene control as well as the config button with instant on and off for physical presses working as fast as dumb switches… I’ve been looking for this solution for awhile! It’s an awesome combo.

1 Like

@EricM_Inovelli
Hi Eric,

You mentioned somewhere that the August 2020 batch of switches will come with the new Instant On capability by default. I was wondering if there were any hardware differences or improvements in the August 2020 batch vs previous batches or if it’s just the firmware being updated. Could you clarify?

Thank you!

• Nate

I can jump in for Eric M. - it will just be a firmware update, no hardware is changing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response Eric!

• Nate

I am still without any LED on my switch:

Have you tried restoring the original firmware to make sure the physical device is not defective? If the original FW doesn’t bring it back, I’d contact support.

@EricM_Inovelli, @Jbaskerville
Well after another flash of V1.19 this morning it appears all is well with it again, so far.
*It originally stopped after about an hour after the first attempt, then the LED was totally unresponsive and off only showed config actions from the switch which means it was still alive, lol.
IDE showed the switch at V1.19, PC Controller showed it at 1.19 and also displayed V1.19 in the classic app. All info is still the same after this last flash, maybe it missed something one of the other tries also it was OTA with ST. All my other switches seem to operate ok via this method and report updated Version upon Air Gap or turning off ST and resetting and sometimes have to Replace in Classic App has also worked for me.
I will monitor this and if it fails again I will update.

@EricM_Inovelli any eta on getting the updated configs for Black/Red with instant on into OZW? Would you accept a PR?

A PR would be great honestly.

PR is up @EricM_Inovelli

1 Like

Thanks!

I just merged it.

Thanks Eric, can we get this changes pushed to your fork for OpenZwave and a PR created there?

Pinging @EricM_Inovelli for visibility

I forced our fork to be updated to the open-zwave master branch. It looks like their repository already has all the changes for the new firmware versions. Or am I missing something? Our forked branch should now have all those changes.

@EricM_Inovelli

@DelusionalAI and I took care of it last night.

I had my LZW31-SN updated to 1.47 (loving it btw, smart bulb mode is great!) and I wanted to play with the the config parameters without using the zwave PC controller 5 software, so I updated my local config. Figured I might as well push it upstream for others too. Hope thats cool haha.

OK Now I need to know how did you create a dim event on the on/off switches?? Would love that for my smart bulbs!

Should be achievable with Rule Machine. Something like press 2x up or down to increase/decrease dim by 5%. Red series only though.

Hmm… it felt like @EricM_Inovelli was making the smart light actually dim by holding the down the red on/off switch. is that a hue light capability only?