Firmware v1.19 (Beta) | LZW30-SN | Switch - Red Series (Gen 2)

I am not seeing any errors when turning the switch on or off:

2020-07-10 19:49:15.083 Info, Node013, Received SwitchBinary report from node 13: level=On
2020-07-10 19:49:15.083 Detail, Node013, Refreshed Value: old value=true, new value=true, type=bool
2020-07-10 19:49:15.083 Detail, Node013, Changes to this value are not verified
2020-07-10 19:49:15.083 Detail, Node013, Notification: ValueChanged CC: COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY Instance: 1 Index: 0
2020-07-10 19:49:19.084 Detail, Node013,   Received: 0x01, 0x10, 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x0d, 0x0a, 0x32, 0x02, 0x21, 0x34, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x05, 0x00, 0x00, 0xcd
2020-07-10 19:49:19.085 Detail,
2020-07-10 19:49:19.085 Info, Node013, Received Meter Report for Electric - W (1) with Units W (2) on Index 2: 26.1
2020-07-10 19:49:19.085 Detail, Node013, Refreshed Value: old value=0.0, new value=26.1, type=decimal
2020-07-10 19:49:19.085 Detail, Node013, Changes to this value are not verified
2020-07-10 19:49:19.085 Detail, Node013, Refreshed Value: old value=false, new value=false, type=bool
2020-07-10 19:49:19.085 Detail, Node013, Changes to this value are not verified
2020-07-10 19:49:19.085 Detail, Node013, Notification: ValueChanged CC: COMMAND_CLASS_METER Instance: 1 Index: 2
2020-07-10 19:49:19.085 Detail, Node013, Notification: ValueChanged CC: COMMAND_CLASS_METER Instance: 1 Index: 256

Alright, then something is likly wrong with my OZW.
thanks for confirming

@jtronicus I think its the firmware. Or atleast something about how it was applied and maybe some memory or values getting corrupted. (This issue is on all of my 30+ switches, or atleast the 13 I tested before I started investigating)

I swapped out my self-managed ozw + mqtt for a fresh mqtt + ozw ha addon install.
No dice, same issue. Multiple re-flashes of 1.19 and factory resets later, nothing new.

I re-flashed 1.17 and everything is working.

I am going to drop things back down to 1.17 then go back up to 1.19

Edit: After moving 1 switch to 1.17, 3 of the “not working” 1.19 switches started working :confused:

What were the error messages in your OZW log file? And is there anything interesting in your oze-cache.xml file?

Missing ValueID’s In for both Electric and Scenes

a small snippet Can't Find a ValueID Index for Electric

Not sure if intentional or not, but the index it was citing for Electric was 0 on some devices, 2 on others. All producing that error. Scene triggers produced a similar error

Does it look like this?

(not sure what it mean though).

Are there any indications in your logs that commands are getting dropped, especially during startup? ERROR: Dropping command

Possibly on the dropped part. One of the switches took 4 minutes to even somwhat completly include/configure. then I just hard refreshed it and it fully populated in seconds

Without looking at the issue again, I would say that looks 85% similar. The last line in that github log don’t. I don’t recall seeing the world “MultichannelEncap”

LOL ! Hilarious!

1 Like

I have 20 dimmer switches, 2 on/off switches and 2 fan modules on the way. I look forward to removing the delay. Anything to avoid the evil stare from my wife every time she turns on a light. The only positive about the current behavior is the 700ms reprieve I get while the lights are still off.

Would it be possible to do something like instant on/off is default behavior of the paddle. By pressing the configuration button scenes are “enabled” and you can use scene 2-6? You would only lose the configuration button scene.

Love the product even if the wife isn’t so happy. I’ll go back to lurking now.

Brian

Whenever I try and update the firmware on any of my Red Switches I get a message saying “OTA Firmware Update Started.”, and then nothing else. I’m using a homeseer stick connected to a Nuc running home assistant.

I was able to successfully update one of my switches. I had to press config button until it started to blink and the firmware update process ran to completion.

1 Like

& @jtronicus

I’ve been mulling this over and think that the behavior in 1.19 is ideal. It can be consistent across the switch and the dimmer, is super responsive, and lets you still use the “held” scene to control things such as smart bulbs. For example, some Philips Hue automations I have:

button 2 pressed
turn bulbs on

button 2 held
dim bulbs up

button 2 released
stop dimming bulbs

button 1 pressed
turn bulbs off

button 1 held
dim bulbs down

button 1 released
stop dimming bulbs

We can definitely expand upon the configuration option in the alternate firmware or a later release though.

2 Likes

Awesome job guys! Been looking forward to this release (well, more to the release where the delay is configurable as I’d still like double tap).

I agree with you @EricM_Inovelli. I use the “held” scene currently to control my Philips Hue bulbs and would be loath to lose that. I do use double tap also but maybe it’s less needed than the “held” scene.

Looking forward to updating tonight!

Preferably configurable, but the default should be “when pressed”. My 3.5 year old can barely reach the switches now. Grows so fast… but she fumbled around with her hand and presses till she gets the result she wants…on or off. I think action on pressed would be more intuitive for children… just my opinion.

Thank you so much for addressing the delay issue and coming out with Instant ON feature. This finally allows me to standardize on Inovelli switches!

• Nate

I posted these notes for upgrading to 1.19 a different thread but its more relevant here:

Yay it works! I got two of my Inovelli Red Switches updated and tested using SmartThings hub.

Some Notes:

• Had to update twice to get the firmware to report correctly in the updater software. The first time, it didn’t seem to take.
  • On the firmware update page for 1.19, probably want to mention that SmartThings users need to update the custom device handler or they won’t be able to set the instant on parameter 51. I even tried using zwave tweaker and it didn’t work. Only was able to configure “Instant On” after I updated the DTH.

I love the idea of having the option for the main buttons for scene control as well as the config button with instant on and off for physical presses working as fast as dumb switches… I’ve been looking for this solution for awhile! It’s an awesome combo.

1 Like

@EricM_Inovelli
Hi Eric,

You mentioned somewhere that the August 2020 batch of switches will come with the new Instant On capability by default. I was wondering if there were any hardware differences or improvements in the August 2020 batch vs previous batches or if it’s just the firmware being updated. Could you clarify?

Thank you!

• Nate

I can jump in for Eric M. - it will just be a firmware update, no hardware is changing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response Eric!

• Nate

I am still without any LED on my switch:

Have you tried restoring the original firmware to make sure the physical device is not defective? If the original FW doesn’t bring it back, I’d contact support.