Firmware v1.36 (Beta) | LZW36 | Fan + Light - Red Series

In order for the driver to request the new firmware version report the “Save Preferences” button needs to be pressed after the firmware is updated. That might be what is happening.

I do not think it was the save preference button that finally worked. I tried that a least five times. I think it was when the HE rebooter app was set to reboot the hub t at 3:30 am.

1 Like

@Eric_Inovelli @EricM_Inovelli

Hey guys… Wondering if/when this firmware will be installed on shipping LZW36 devices? I’m extremely interested in purchasing, but the canopy module disconnect issue has scared me off in the mean time.

I run SmartThings, and while $70 isn’t bad for the functionality this device provides, I’m not looking to make it a $100+ purchase (+ time commitment) because it comes with faulty firmware that I need to buy another device to fix.

Thanks in advance. Not trying to sound like a tool with this reply, just trying to avoid a WAF catastrophe. Love what you guys are doing with the company and your interactions with the community. Keep it up!

Dang, Dexter is an Inovelli user! Love it :slight_smile:

This firmware is currently the production firmware installed on the fan/light switch so you should be good :slight_smile:

We’ve also fixed the minor flickering issue referenced in the forums as well so that should be taken care of as well.

I agree!

Lol, not sounding like a tool at all, we completely agree! Thanks for the kind words and here’s to a happy wife :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great news, thanks for the quick reply!

Perhaps a “Current Shipping Firmware” KB for all devices, or firmware detail on the product spec sheet would be useful. :slight_smile:

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: Fan & Light Switch Delay (700ms) - Parameter 51 Issues

Is there going to be a .bin version of this for use with the zwavejs updater? Or this that incompatible?

Z-Wave 700 is using a different file format for Z-Wave updates. So, there will not be a .bin file released (or .otz for that matter).

My guess is that as more and more 700 series devices come out, zwavejs will support them.

Side note: the gbl file is a “binary” file. Does it not let you select that extension?

I hadn’t tried for fear of messing something up. Is it all target 0 in this case(i guess the z-wave chip)?

Bypassing my fear I tried it and it “just worked”. 100x more straightforward than doing it with SiLabs software.

1 Like

Nice, I believe there are some users on the forums that have used this update method, but I wasn’t sure.

1 Like

Can anyone provide me a link to the PC Controller 5.39+ for Windows? There is no link that I can find to any software like this on SiLabs’ site. The link from this thread takes me to a page on their site that says “Please download either a Controller SDK or Embedded SDK before downloading Z-Wave tools.” Somehow I downloaded a half gig file called “Simplicity Studio” which doesn’t look like it is the right software since the screenshots don’t match. Thanks.

1 Like

If you installed Simplicity Studio, you can use it to launch the Controller software by going to Tools → Z-Wave PC Controller:

If You dont see it under tools, you can install it by going to Install → Tools → Z-wave PC Controller:

This is the only way I know of to get the latest version of the software (I managed to find an older version online, but not the latest)

4 Likes

Thank you and jtronicus for the detailed instructions! That was very helpful and I was able to now figure out how to install and launch it. I appreciate it. Only issue now is that I follow the inclusion instructions and the “Network Management” option is greyed out in the PC Controller App. I’ve tried the Discover process but nothing shows up. Is this because I have to also have a separate Z-stick to do the update? I’m using SmartThings, and from what I can tell, I can’t flash without a z-stick because SmartThings doesn’t support OTA.

This is definitely a much higher learning curve for firmware installation than most devices I’ve used. I think reflashing BIOS on my desktop has to be easier than this.

Yep. You need to a Zwave USB device plugged in. I’m using this one:

1 Like

Thank you. Lastly, do you think any firmware updates are significant enough that they justify purchasing the zstick to update the firmware? I received my switch from factory when they first came out so it has the very first firmware that was on the released version.

I think you have to evaluate how you are using the switch, if something is broken and whether or not there is a new feature you’d like. Personally, I subscribe to the “if it’s not broken don’t fix it” school. Pretty much everything I have works out of the box in my application so I have no reason to update. But I’m not using the functions that others are seeking through the firmware updates.

1 Like

Just updated to this firmware and noticed that setting the config value for the Light LED Brightness When Off will set the Light LED On Brightness to default, ignoring the current value until it is set again.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

I have tried restarting the switch after the upgrade as well as trying the upgrade again and reinterviewing the node. No luck.

At the moment my solution is to just send the on value immediately after updating the off value but it would be good to see a fix. Thanks!

Has anyone had an issue where the canopy module does not work at all after installing this firmware? I updated one of my devices last night and the canopy will not do ANYTHING, even after breaker flip for 1 min or so. No lights, no fan. Switch is reporting and working perfectly.

Not sure what might have happened?