Firmware v1.36 (Beta) | LZW36 | Fan + Light - Red Series

I am using LED bulbs @ 40w each. Light bar. Thanks

What type of ā€œPC Controllerā€ would you suggest?

If using ST use this link:

Otherwise:

1 Like

For the hardware I recommend the Z-Wave.me USB dongle. It is pretty cheap and is super small.

Eric, Today I went back into my devices and they all say version 1.36 so now they are working. :grinning: Not sure why it would not show 1.36 firmware on one of the devices. Could it be the removal of a dead zwave ghost device? Using the HE Device Firmware updater worked. The directions on your web site did not work for my C7 hub.

1 Like

In order for the driver to request the new firmware version report the ā€œSave Preferencesā€ button needs to be pressed after the firmware is updated. That might be what is happening.

I do not think it was the save preference button that finally worked. I tried that a least five times. I think it was when the HE rebooter app was set to reboot the hub t at 3:30 am.

1 Like

@Eric_Inovelli @EricM_Inovelli

Hey guysā€¦ Wondering if/when this firmware will be installed on shipping LZW36 devices? Iā€™m extremely interested in purchasing, but the canopy module disconnect issue has scared me off in the mean time.

I run SmartThings, and while $70 isnā€™t bad for the functionality this device provides, Iā€™m not looking to make it a $100+ purchase (+ time commitment) because it comes with faulty firmware that I need to buy another device to fix.

Thanks in advance. Not trying to sound like a tool with this reply, just trying to avoid a WAF catastrophe. Love what you guys are doing with the company and your interactions with the community. Keep it up!

Dang, Dexter is an Inovelli user! Love it :slight_smile:

This firmware is currently the production firmware installed on the fan/light switch so you should be good :slight_smile:

Weā€™ve also fixed the minor flickering issue referenced in the forums as well so that should be taken care of as well.

I agree!

Lol, not sounding like a tool at all, we completely agree! Thanks for the kind words and hereā€™s to a happy wife :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great news, thanks for the quick reply!

Perhaps a ā€œCurrent Shipping Firmwareā€ KB for all devices, or firmware detail on the product spec sheet would be useful. :slight_smile:

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: Fan & Light Switch Delay (700ms) - Parameter 51 Issues

Is there going to be a .bin version of this for use with the zwavejs updater? Or this that incompatible?

Z-Wave 700 is using a different file format for Z-Wave updates. So, there will not be a .bin file released (or .otz for that matter).

My guess is that as more and more 700 series devices come out, zwavejs will support them.

Side note: the gbl file is a ā€œbinaryā€ file. Does it not let you select that extension?

I hadnā€™t tried for fear of messing something up. Is it all target 0 in this case(i guess the z-wave chip)?

Bypassing my fear I tried it and it ā€œjust workedā€. 100x more straightforward than doing it with SiLabs software.

1 Like

Nice, I believe there are some users on the forums that have used this update method, but I wasnā€™t sure.

1 Like

Can anyone provide me a link to the PC Controller 5.39+ for Windows? There is no link that I can find to any software like this on SiLabsā€™ site. The link from this thread takes me to a page on their site that says ā€œPlease download either a Controller SDK or Embedded SDK before downloading Z-Wave tools.ā€ Somehow I downloaded a half gig file called ā€œSimplicity Studioā€ which doesnā€™t look like it is the right software since the screenshots donā€™t match. Thanks.

1 Like

If you installed Simplicity Studio, you can use it to launch the Controller software by going to Tools ā†’ Z-Wave PC Controller:

If You dont see it under tools, you can install it by going to Install ā†’ Tools ā†’ Z-wave PC Controller:

This is the only way I know of to get the latest version of the software (I managed to find an older version online, but not the latest)

4 Likes

Thank you and jtronicus for the detailed instructions! That was very helpful and I was able to now figure out how to install and launch it. I appreciate it. Only issue now is that I follow the inclusion instructions and the ā€œNetwork Managementā€ option is greyed out in the PC Controller App. Iā€™ve tried the Discover process but nothing shows up. Is this because I have to also have a separate Z-stick to do the update? Iā€™m using SmartThings, and from what I can tell, I canā€™t flash without a z-stick because SmartThings doesnā€™t support OTA.

This is definitely a much higher learning curve for firmware installation than most devices Iā€™ve used. I think reflashing BIOS on my desktop has to be easier than this.