Firmware v2.30 (Beta) | LZW42 | RGBW Bulb

Thanks for looking into it for me. I am using a Hubitat for my hub. I had tested modifying the enum to include more values but those values did not change the behavior.

There should be 3 possible values:

Value Description
0 Previous State
1 On
2 Off

I use Home Assistant/OZW, but I am able to select all 3 values without issue.

Ok, cool and thanks @jtronicus for confirming.

@EricM_Inovelli – if this is the case (ie: On, Off, Last State), can you update the driver to add this functionality?

@npk22 – what you can do in the meantime to test this is install the, “Basic Z-Wave Tool” driver.

Then when you change your Device Type to, “Basic Z-Wave Tool”, fill in the following:

Parameter - 2
Size - 1
Value - 2

Can you see if that works?

Actually @Eric_Inovelli , I just found out that although I can set the value without issue and confirm that the value is saved, it doesnt actually seem to do anything. It doesnt matter if I choose Previous State, On, or Off, the bulb always returns to the previous state when power is restored.

All my bulbs are on 2.30, so I am not sure if this issue was introduced in the beta firmware, or if it was present before. Is the previous firmware version available somewhere so I can try downgrading to see if that resolves the issue. I didnt see it on the firmware page.

Hmmm… bummer – I can’t find the stock firmware in my emails at all. I’ll reach out to the manufacturer to see if we can grab it and/or confirm this is a possibility (OFF state).

This came up in a previous thread, and despite the certification noting support it seems to be lacking on the device side.

Nice, good to know – thanks for being on top of things lol!

I have a message out to the manufacturer to see where the discrepancy lies.

EDIT: Just confirmed with the manufacturer – apparently there is a mistake on the Z-Wave Alliance website as this was not included in their firmware. Apologies for the mixup.

I had figured this was the case but wanted to check if there was something I was missing. Glad to see others had found it too.

This functionality would be nice to have since we have experienced some long power outages lately. This has resulted in lights that use the “Restore Last State” option turning on in the middle of the night when power is restored.

We can certainly create this firmware – it should be an easy fix. I’ll talk about it with the team tonight!

2 Likes

Hey Eric! Have you had a chance to discuss this one with your team by chance?

Yes, @EricM_Inovelli has a request out to the firmware engineer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are there any plans to add an adjustable ramp time to the bulb? I love the bulbs but I hate that they turn on soo… veryy… slloooowwwlyyyyyy…

Which hub are you using? The SwitchMultiLevel command has a duration option that can dynamically adjust the speed of the bulb turning on / off. For example you can send a SwitchMultiLevel command with a duration of 0 and it will be instant. You can send it with a duration of 30 and then truly see how slowly they can turn on. :wink:

HomeSeer. There’s an option for dim speed and I assume that’s what it does (SwitchMultiLevel duration) But most of my control (95+%) happens from Inovelli Red dimmers via Z-Wave association. And they don’t appear to send a duration- if the light is on and I tap the bottom paddle, the Red has finished its fade down animation and is at idle (whole bar dim blue) a good second before the bulb hits 0%. Same thing with tap and hold to dim- the Red switch hits the end of its dimming range long before the bulb does.

1 Like

The option to adjust the on/off dimming speed in the firmware would be nice so we could match the dimmers when using association between the bulb and switch.

3 Likes

Agree and third the cause here!

1 Like

I’m using Hubitat and the bulbs do not report the current states back properly. Has anyone else had this issue? Great example, for Halloween, I had one of my outside bulbs red. The color state never stated red. I don’t remember the name honestly, but it was…horizon maybe. Just wondering if its me or a known issue.

Which driver are you using (and which firmware)? Firmware 2.30 does not report the color status unless requested. The driver should request the reports if firmware 2.30 is installed.

@EricM_Inovelli Any chance we can get an alternative firmware to help with insecure joining these bulbs?

Join Inovelli Lzw42 insecure - Support - Hubitat

TLDR: Hubitat defaults to the highest supported security per the Z-Wave SDK. There is no option to avoid S0 use without a hacky timing workaround.

An updated firmware with S2 support or without S0 support would solve this problem. Pretty please :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, we have asked the manufacturer to provide a firmware that does not have S0, but they have been busy on other projects.

To make sure, the prompt that pops up when you include a z-wave device with the C-7 does not pop up with the bulbs?

1 Like