Inovelli Dimmer with Inovelli bulbs not working

Hmmm, that might be. I’m on ST . . .

I didn’t think for bulbs. I had to include mine in a lamp at a distance from the hub so it defaulted to none.

Luckily I am on 2.31. I will try to exclude and include and skip the security.

• firmwareVersion: 2.31

How in the world do you set the bulb to security none. I excluded the bulb, then did an inclusion, it detected the bulb but never game me the option for security?

This doesnt seem to work:
V2.31 - 02/25/2021

Quickly turn the bulb on / off 3 times to put the bulb into NON-SECURE inclusion mode.

Also, Hubitat will not give me the option for bulbs like they do on dimmers to skip security. Looks like you are suppose to do on/off 3 time during pairing for non-secure mode, I cant get it to work, tried 20 times.

@harjms is on Hubitat, so maybe try his technique?

I think I am just going to return the bulbs, these just dont work very good at 3 times the price of something like Sengled bulbs. Too bad inovelli bulbs dont work with inovelli dimmers kind of a bad business model if you ask me.

Because they don’t work for you doesn’t mean they don’t work for others. I have 10+ working flawlessly for years in my Home Assistant installation.

You don’t need to disable local control either.

Set switch to smart bulb mode 2 (smart bulb mode) and it keeps power on 100% of the time regardless of dimmer state. Then get the same security (none recommended), then associate 3 and 4 from dimmer to bulbs.

Understand if you are having an issue, but help will come I can assure you.

Understand, however I can not get the bulb into ‘none’ security mode, looks like the firmware update (2.31) that allows you to do that is only for ST.

I have tried a million times to get the bulb into none security mode, the firmware directions say during the pair do on/off 3 times quickly, this just doesnt work for me, it pairs the bulb in S0 mode. I then have to exclude and try again. The exclude doesnt work very well as when it excludes it just says ‘Unknown Device’ and now a have a bunch of ghost nodes because the exclusion isnt very clean.

Sorry, I should’ve been on top of this. Here are instructions (I know it’s for ST, but it will show you the cadence of how to do it).

I haven’t written instructions for Hubitat yet, but the video (starting at 0:22) will show you the cadence of how to get the bulb paired with no security.

1 Like

Thanks so much Eric, it finally worked.

Non-Secure via HE

1. Turn bulb off
  2. Devices - Add Device - Z-Wave - Start Z-Wave Inclusion
  3. Follow cadence - Turn bulb on then count 1 Mississippi, off 1 Mississippi, on then count 1 Mississippi, off 1 Mississippi, on
  4. rapid 2 bulb blinks, follow by another blink about 5-10 seconds later.
  5. Name and Save device
  6. Settings - Z-wave Details - Look for your new bulb, check Security Column for None. If it says S0, exclude and try again.
2 Likes

Eric,

To use the Z-wave association tool, what device settings do I need for the bulb and switch:

I am assuming:
For the dimmer:
21 - Neutral
22- load only
52-smart bulb
Disable Local Control - Yes

Bulb:
Enable color pre-staging

Thanks

Yes, those settings look good :slight_smile:

Is it working out for you?

You dont need both of these if you want the dimmer to show the actual brightness on the LED bar, just FYI.

The on/off seems to work well, dimming is a bit flaky, but that might just messing with the dimming speed.

I did turn 52-smart bulb to No Selection and Disable Local Control - No

On the association tool I used 2,3 and 4.

State Variables

• parameter2value : 101
  • parameter5value : 1
  • parameter21value : 1
  • actualAssociation4 : [2F, 37, 38, 39]
  • actualAssociation3 : [2F, 37, 38, 39]
  • parameter10value : 0
  • parameter8value : 0
  • oldLabel : dimmer_inovelli_Master Bedroom Fan Lights
  • parameter19value : 3600
  • desiredAssociation2 : [37, 38, 39]
  • parameter13value : 212
  • desiredAssociation1 : [2E, 2F, 30]
  • desiredAssociation4 : [2F, 37, 38, 39]
  • desiredAssociation3 : [2F, 37, 38, 39]
  • parameter16value : 0
  • rfProtectionState : 0
  • parameter22value : 0
  • lastRan : 1641508766786
  • parameter3value : 101
  • parameter52value : 0
  • parameter9value : 0
  • parameter6value : 99
  • parameter17value : 3
  • localProtectionState : 0
  • parameter14value : 10
  • parameter50value : 5
  • parameter11value : 0
  • associationGroups : 4
  • parameter51value : 1
  • parameter7value : 0
  • parameter15value : 10
  • parameter4value : 101
  • parameter18value : 10
  • needfwUpdate : false
  • defaultG3 : []
  • actualAssociation2 : [37, 38, 39]
  • parameter1value : 3
  • defaultG2 : []
  • actualAssociation1 : [01, 2E, 2F, 30]
  • defaultG1 : [01]
  • parameter12value : 15
  • parameter20value : 10

The RGB bulbs need constant power. Set param 52 to 2.

1 Like

Shoot sorry. I meant you don’t need them both on, only one. Recommend 52 to 2.

Gah, I continue to have issues with one dimmer to many bulbs not correctly firing a frustrating amount. Can someone validate they grouped 2, 3, and 4 from dimmer to bulbs and that is working for them?:

WAF is reduced right now!

@stu1811 @Bry

Which bulbs? LZW42? I don’t have group 2 in my setup. Mine is a single LZW31-SN to 3x LZW42.

Edit: Dimmer is 1.61 and bulbs are 1.31

I am using Group 2,3 and 4. I also had to change some setting on the switch to get it to flawlessly work.

Preferences:
1 = 0
2 =1
3 =1
4 =0
52. Smart Bulb Mode = Smart Bulb
Disable Local Control = No

1 Like

Gotta defer to the others. All my bulbs are Zigbee, so I don’t use associations.

@stu1811 should know. He’s the one with the Inovelli mug . . . :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes