New Hubitat C-7 and inclusion problems

No change for Hubitat 2.2.3.135.

5 Likes

Just wanted to say, as someone having the same issues but not having the time to be as detailed as you @datavortex :

1. Thank you for being active on both Hubitat and Inovelli forums, and being detailed with your issues, Iā€™ve been following your posts.
  2. Iā€™m experiencing the same thing on 2.2.3.135 with S2/LZW31-SN on latest (1.47) firmware.
2 Likes

Agreed, appreciate you detailing the issues.

1 Like

It looks like a new production run of the Red Series Dimmers is in. It would be interesting to see if they have the same S2 inclusion problems with Hubitat.

Donā€™t think they have found a fix for the S2 inclusion issue yet

Yeah we still have the old firmware on it unfortunately as our engineers did not figure out the issue when they were in production.

Good newsā€¦ We received some beta firmware this morning that should fix the bootstrapping issue. Iā€™ll let @EricM_Inovelli explain it better and post it, but this is the explanation from the firmware engineer.

We have fixed the bug, the reason is that the device does not allow ADC detection when we used the 700 series hub, we modify the ADC detection mode to avoid it.

I have no clue what that means but it appears they have fixed it, so fingers crossed.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s great news. Thank you!

1 Like

When can we expect the beta firmware to be made public?

Hopefully once we verify it on our end that it works. I have a C-7 at my house and I know Eric M. has one too. Weā€™ll do a quick check today and hopefully have this out to you today or tomorrow at the latest.

8 Likes

Looking forward to hearing the update one you have tested!

2 Likes

Sorry if a dumb question, but when a desirable firmware arrives to correct this issueā€¦

If I plan to use the Hubitat/bcopeland method to update the firmware, would it be advisable to do that on my old C-3, then migrate them over to my production C-7 afterwards?

(I have two Red Dimmers still in boxes, have yet to do anything with them, stumbled upon this)

No commentary on the particular Hubitat hardware, but just to note that the firmware updater doesnā€™t work on S2, so if you are planning to use S2/SmartStart when you switch over to the C7, you can save yourself an include/exclude cycle by running the upgrades first.

2 Likes

Again I apologize for my density, Iā€™ve historically been a zigbee guy and Z-Wave is a little bit ā€˜Greek-to-meā€™, as a result I kind of found that still slightly unclear. But I have just read through the whole thread and I think it helped me a understand a little bit better.

Are you saying the procedure might go more like this?

• include LZW31-SN on C7 as unsecured
  • run firmware upgrade
  • exclude LZW31-SN from C7
  • include LZW31-SN on C7 with S2

Yes this exactly.

1 Like

Did it work? Thanks for plugging away at this!

Here you go :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I just got my new Hubitat C-7 hub, I was a Vera user before and now migrating all my Inovelli switches and dimmers to Hubitat C-7. I already updated with the latest firmware to begin with. All my NZW30 switches and LZW31 dimmers are working fine, the inclusion process were smooth and easy. However, I have trouble with the NZW37 2-Channel Outlet inclusion. It was added as ā€œRing Alarm Retrofitā€ with 8 Child Contacts. I also had the latest Drivers Code and Child Drivers Code installed (from Mike Maycock dated 2020-07-14). I changed the type to ā€œNZW37ā€, I can only use the main device as a single channel on/off. I tried to exclude and include it several times, result are the same. I am not sure if this is C-7 only issue or not as I am a new Hubitat user! But reading other threads at Hubitat community, no one seem to have this issue with older version. Can someone let me know how to fix this to properly recognize the 2 channel?

Are you running the latest firmware on the hub? I had the same issues but they fixed it a couple of releases ago. And you do have the parent driver and a child for each socket right?

I was using latest firmware. But I found a solution to fix it last night. During the inclusion process, I need to UNCHECK all the security questions. Then everything will work fine. It shows up correctly as NZW37 with 2 child for each socket. Problem solved. Not sure if this is documented anywhere. Hopefully, other people have the same issue can read this to solve the issue.