Z-Wave 800 Series 2-1 Switch (On/Off & Dimmer) | Project Phoenix

For the Blue Series 2-1, I see Parameter 261 is for turning on or off the relay click. That parameter is not available for the Red Series 2-1. Besides that, the configurations are basically the same.

What is parameter 22 “No AUX Full Wave” mean?

If Param 158 is set to On/Off mode, setting this provides single-pole with a full sine wave

You are correct that the Blue 2-1 and Red 2-1 configurations are basically the same. But due to differences between Zigbee and Zwave standards, they are not exactly the same. Parameter 261 in the Blue 2-1 aligns with Parameter 161 in the Red 2-1. This is similar for several of the 2xx parameters like P258 (switch mode) in the Blue 2-1 aligns with P158 in the Red 2-1

Also, the “relay click” parameter (P161 or P261) is only available when the switch mode (P158 or P258) is set to “on/off mode”

2 Likes

I’ll bite … What does a full sign wave do or not do for the switch? I’m ignorant to this option.

Install my first switch in a multiway and when turned off at the switch and then turned on using the dumb toggle, the lights blink/flash non-stop until turned off.

I had a previous gen red series installed previously which was running fine and mimicked the wiring.

I have it set to neutral and dumb switch in the parameters

Any idea what’s causing the flashing?

First off, “neutral” is auto-sensed by the switch. P21 is read-only (you can’t set it)
Secondly, please confirm (screen-shot, copy-paste, etc.) that you have P22 set to 1 (it defaults to 0)

1 Like

I thought it might be a loose traveler or neutral but I have checked both

Is this the same as what you are experiencing?

In simple terms, a Sine Wave is the waveform produced by 120V alternating current. It’s what you would see if you hooked up 120VAC to an oscilloscope. It is a very smooth wave.

Dimmers work by chopping off part of that wave, in essence making it not smooth.

Some devices, bulbs and the like, that require an on-off switch also require that smooth wave. In the past, the Inovelli’s in the On/Off mode were producing a slightly chopped wave instead of the smooth wave, which caused compatibility problems with the products that needed it. The Full Sine Wave setting ensures that the Inovelli outputs a pure (ie smooth) sine wave so that products that require it will work properly.

1 Like

In looking more at the parameters, I have another question. What’s the difference between “Dimming Speed” and “Ramp Rate”?

1 Like

Yes, I saw this and it fixed it for me as well. MAX level of 87 seems to fix it

Odd as it’s only 4 LED can lights.

Never mind my question - I figured it out.

From what I gather, if I use my switches as On/Off only, then I should set parameter 22 to “No AUX Full Wave”. It would help reduce issues if I have (or install) a non-dimming bulb and bathroom exhaust vans. Thanks!

FYI, this switch isn’t rated for fans. You want the fan switch for that.

1 Like

@t_shaun @Eric_Inovelli They are in receiving so once they’ve been received into inventory we’ll start shipping them out. Lots of backorders to fill but we’re quick so barring any issues they’ll be out in the next few days. Watch your inboxes! We will have positive stock once we’re done so feel free to order more :slight_smile: :wink:

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Red Series 2-1 Issues (Clicking, Flashing Cyan & Yellow)

How can I get Hubitat to identify these switches? I already update drivers through HPM.

You’ll need to manually set the correct driver Type yourself in Hubitat - long story short, Hubitat won’t be able to identify these natively.