Blue Series 2-1 Switch - Enhancements/Bugs Thread

The problem is the slider covers the 2-255 range requiring you to 1) do math and 2) know the formula (:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) required.

I donā€™t understand why levels arent on a 0-99 scale. No one is thinking oh, I want my light brightness to range between 00 and FF.

1 Like

Gives you granular options though.

AND the Zwave version is limited to 0-99 per Zwave specs/standards. So in the Zigbee Hubitat driver I made it match that for consistency across the two product lines (Blue and Red). And Iā€™m pretty sure Eric M made the SmartThings Edge drivers the same way.

True, but do you really need more than 100 settings? :thinking:
The internal dimming/ramping still uses 255 steps.

And donā€™t forget:
Double-Tap UP Level (P55)
Double-Tap DOWN level (P56)

In total, this applies to Parameters 9,10,13,14,15,55,56

Are you still planning on upgrading to square/Robertson/ECX-compatible screws on a future production run? (and hopefully on other in-progress/future products too)

The switches I received from the latest batch (dated 2303) still appear to have the older style screws - my square bits didnā€™t fit into the side screw terminals or the mounting screws.

Like you, I hadnā€™t heard of these before this thread. Now, after having used a square bit on some other light switches and outlets, I want these screws on everything! :slight_smile: (and that was with just the vanilla square/Robertson bit - I imagine an ECX driver would be even better)

I believe that is still the case, but they had to get through the leftover stock before shifting over. They definitely do make a difference and worry less about stripping out the head.

Now we got to get Inovelli to use the new Leviton Edge levers (built in wagos)

9 Likes

Is there any insight (whether confirmed or just planned) on if/when the Blue 2-1 will transition to the MG24?

(Iā€™m assuming that qualifies as an ā€˜enhancement,ā€™ but if not, please accept my apologies and move this to the proper place.)

1 Like
1 Like

It looks like the next shipment of switches will come in Aug/Sep. That is the end of the summer. That original post was from January. Is it safe to assume that the next shipment will contain the MG24 chips? I donā€™t want to order until I know I can upgrade OTA. Hardwiring 30-40 switches is too much

Did the Robertson combination screw update get included on the Red 2-1 (the first run that is currently on a boat)?

Iā€™ve actually got Red 2-1 switches on order, but I assume this will be the same for both Blue and Red:
Am I correct in my understanding that you can go ahead and wire the Master Red/Blue and the Auxiliary White swtiches, restore power, and then make the changes to the Master to configure for multi-way with Aux? In other words, having the default setting (of single pole) in place with the aux switches wired doesnā€™t hurt anything, it just doesnā€™t work properly for mult-way until you change the config?

It shouldnā€™t hurt anything as long as you have it wired correctly. Iā€™ve installed 10 3/4 way combos last year and didnā€™t have any issues wiring aux switches together then adding/configuring to the network. You should be good to go.

Agreed, the switch will work but wonā€™t ā€œlistenā€ for the 3-way until you activate that setting.

Hello @Eric_Inovelli , just checking in. Will Batch 4 of the Blue Series 2-1 coming in August/September have the MG24 chip? It is pretty important for me before I buy a big lot of switches. Flashing 20-40 switches with a cable would be a hassle. Thanks!

As per this thread, Iā€™d like to be able to disable the standard LED on/off behaviour when in dumb light mode.

Any chance we can get a parameter / toggle for this?

Itā€™s been ages since Iā€™ve used notifications, instead I manipulate the default colour of the LED strip. The reason I do this is because the default on/off LED behavior still triggers and it drives my OCD crazy when I have that flash of blue when the LED is set to red.

I can picture this option as something like ā€œDisable default LED on/off behavior when notifications are onā€ as well.

I believe existing Parameter 17 is the one you want. Try setting P17 to 0 ā€œdo not display load levelā€ and I think that will do what youā€™re asking. You may also want to set P97 and P98 to 0 (led bar intensity when on/off)

4 Likes

Interesting!

So this is almost exactly what Iā€™m looking for. I tried it but now instead of it staying on for 2 seconds, it flashes for maybe 50-100ms. This is way better but clearly thereā€™s something else still causing it to go on for a moment. Any ideas? Iā€™ll put this into that thread I linked as itā€™s a bit off topic here.

Same as @Rob here! I need to know when the MG24 will be standard in the Blue series and canā€™t order ahead of then. I have over a hundred switches to buy and install, and thus need OTA firmware updates. :slight_smile: Any guidance appreciated @Eric_Inovelli

2 Likes

Any chance we could get an addition ā€œbutton downā€ event added?