There seems to be some sort of issue with switches freezing up and needing to be reset via the air-gap.
- Red Dimmers and Switches locking up
- Switch completely frozen
- Switch freezes and need to factor reset
We’d like to start figuring out a root cause of this as it’s very strange and we’ve not been able to replicate this in-house.
If you are having this issue, can you please let me know the answers to the following questions?
- What Product(s) are you using (LZW30 - On/Off Black Series, LZW30-SN - On/Off Red Series, LZW31 - Dimmer Black Series, LZW31-SN - Dimmer Red Series, etc)?
- What Hub/Gateway are you using (SmartThings - V1/V2/V3, Hubitat, etc)?
- What Load are you controlling (LED, CFL, etc) and what is the approximate Wattage?
- Are you controlling a Smart Bulb?
Lastly, and please do not share this publicly, we’ll reach out to you via PM. Can you follow this guide to share with us your SmartThings Device Info (if using ST): https://support.inovelli.com/portal/kb/articles/how-to-find-your-device-info-for-troubleshooting-smartthings#Finding_Your_Device_Information
Again, please do not share that publicly. I’ll look for whomever comments and reach out to them privately.
UPDATE: We’re going to purchase and send out some Zniffers to anyone that’s willing to help with this issue. Our manufacturer and us have been stress testing switches for weeks and have not been able to replicate this issue, so we’d like to open it up to anyone who is having this issue.
In addition, we will be putting together a group of people via our Microsoft Teams account to speak directly to the manufacturer (we use Teams with them) via chat to see if we can solve this.